*(APPROXIMATE VALUES PER 100g)
- Energy 237.2kcal
- Protein 11.6g
- Carbohydrates 37.2g
- Fat 4.7g
- Dietary Fiber 25.8g
*Calculated Values – Ref. NIN
Chilli, Turmeric, Salt, Garlic, Fenugreek, Ginger
Recipe: Alappuzha Meen Curry (To serve 4) – Ingredients: Pearl spot Fish (or any fresh water fish) cut into cubes for curry – 500 gms, raw sour mango (cut pieces) – 1 no, Coconut oil – 2 tbsp, shallots sliced – 1 tbsp, curry leaves – 2 sprigs, ginger sliced – 1 tsp, garlic sliced – 1 tsp, green chillies slit – 2 nos, Melam Alappuzha Meen Curry masala – ½ – 1 tbsp, water- 1 cup (150 ml) , thick coconut milk – 1 cup (150 ml), salt to taste.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a thick sauce pan.
- Add the shallots and sauté until golden brown.
- Add curry leaves, ginger, garlic and green chillies.
- Saute for a minute and add Melam Alappuzha Meen curry masala.
- Saute for a while.
- Add the water and bring the mixture to boil.
- Add the fish pieces, raw mango slices and salt and reduce the flame.
- Cook until the fish is done. Add coconut milk.
- Switch off and drizzle the reserved coconut oil over the curry and keep covered until use.
- Serve hot with steamed Kerala rice.