*(APPROXIMATE VALUES PER 100g)
- Energy 274.9kcal
- Protein 15.8g
- Carbohydrates 31.8g
- Fat 9.4g
- Dietary Fiber 37.7g
*Calculated Values – Ref. NIN
Coriander, Chilli, Fenugreek, Salt, Turmeric, Bengal Gram Dal, Urad Dal, Asafoetida
Recipe: Kerala Sambar (To serve 4) – Ingredients: Tur Dal -50g, Melam Kerala Sambar Masala – 11/2 tbsp, Vegetables -250g (Drumstick, Ladies finger, Ash gourd, Onion, Potatoes, Tomatoes ), Tamarind size of a lime, Salt to taste. To temper: Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp, Curry leaves few, Whole Red Chilli – 2 nos, Oil -1 tbsp.
- Cook Tur Dal.
- Clean and cut vegetables and cook with the Dal.
- Soak tamarind in 1/2 cup water and take out the pulp.
- Add Melam Kerala Sambar Masala mixed with little water to the cooked dal and vegetables.
- Then add tamarind pulp, enough water, salt and bring to boil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Heat oil and add mustard seeds.
- Let it splutter, then add curry leaves and broken red chillies and pour over the Sambar.