*(APPROXIMATE VALUES PER 100g)
- Energy 294.8kcal
- Protein 12.3g
- Carbohydrates 35.5g
- Fat 11.5g
- Dietary Fiber 40.9g
*Calculated Values – Ref. NIN & USDA
Coriander, Chilli, Fennel, Turmeric, Cinnamon, Cardamom, Cloves
Recipe: Kozhi Peralan (To serve 4) – Ingredients: Chicken Curry cut -1 kg, Ginger Garlic paste 2 tbsp, Melam Turmeric powder – ½ tsp, Salt to taste, Vinegar – 1 tbsp, Curry leaves – 3 sprigs, Shallots sliced – 50 gm, Melam Kozhi Peralan masala – 2-3 tbsp, Water 75 ml , Thick coconut milk – 1 cup (150 ml), Coconut oil – 60 ml, mustard seeds – 1 tsp, Onion sliced – 100 g.
- Clean the chicken. Marinate with ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, salt, vinegar, curry leaves and shallots.
- Mix the Melam Kozhi Peralan masala with enough water to make into a paste. Add this paste and coconut milk to the marinated chicken.
- Cook till chicken is half done. Remove the chicken and reserve the gravy.
- Heat oil in a kadai, let mustard to splutter and sauté onions till it start to turn brown.
- Add the half done chicken and fry till slightly brown.
- Add reserved gravy and cook till chicken is fully cooked and gravy turns creamy and thick.
- Serve hot with parathas or rice.