*(APPROXIMATE VALUES PER 100g)
- Energy 276.3kcal
- Protein 14.2g
- Carbohydrates 30.3g
- Fat 10.9g
- Dietary Fiber 40.8g
*Calculated Values – Ref. NIN & USDA
Coriander, Chilli, Fennel, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Cloves, Garam Masala (Coriander, Cumin, Black Pepper, Salt, Cinnamon, Black Cardamom, Cardamom, Cloves, Fennel, Caraway Seeds, Star Anise), Turmeric
Recipe: Varutharacha Kozhi Curry (To serve 4) – Ingredients: Chicken (cut into pieces) – 1 kg, Coconut Oil ¾ cup or 12 tbsp, Grated coconut – 2 cups, Onion – 3 nos, Ginger and Garlic paste 4 tbsp, Green Chilli slit 3 nos, Curry leaves 10 nos, Tomato 2 nos, Salt to taste, Melam Varutharacha Kozhi curry masala 3 tbsp.
- Marinate the chicken with ginger and garlic paste and salt and keep aside for 5 – 10 mins.
- Roast the grated coconut in a pan till it turns golden brown in colour and make a smooth paste.
- Heat the coconut oil in a kadai, add sliced onion, curry leaves and green chillies and sauté till it turns brown in colour.
- Add 3 tbsp of Melam Varutharacha kozhi curry masala and sauté for 2 mins in low flame.
- Add the marinated chicken, sliced tomato and sauté.
- Add enough water and cook the chicken till tender.
- Add the roasted coconut paste and simmer it.
- When the gravy becomes thick remove from the heat and serve.