*(APPROXIMATE VALUES PER 100g)
- Energy 274.3kcal
- Protein 13.2g
- Carbohydrates 29.7g of which Sugar 0.0g
- Fat 11.5g
*Calculated Values – Ref. NIN
Coriander, Chilli, Salt, Fennel, Cinnamon, Turmeric, Black Pepper, Cumin, Cloves, Cardamom, Kapok Buds, Nutmeg
Egg Roast (To serve 4 persons) – Ingredients: Egg – 4 nos., Melam Egg Curry / Egg Roast Masala – 1 tbsp, thinly sliced onions – 3 medium sized, chopped tomatoes – 1 big, green chillies slit – 2 nos, garlic – 5 flakes, ginger – 1″” piece, coconut oil or any edible oil -3 tbsp, few curry leaves, coriander leaves – few, salt to taste.
- Boil and peel the eggs (4 nos.) and set aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy-base pan. Add onion, chillies, ginger, garlic and curry leaves and sauté for 10 minutes until softened and golden brown.
- Add Melam Egg Roast Masala mixed with water and sauté for 3 – 4 mins.
- Then add chopped tomatoes and fry for 5 mins.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes until rich and reduced.
- Then add the whole eggs, put a lid on and simmer for 4–5 minutes to heat the eggs through.
- Sprinkle with the chopped coriander. Egg roast is ready to serve.
Egg Curry (To serve 4 persons) – Ingredients: Egg – 4 nos., Melam Egg Curry / Egg Roast Masala – 1 ½ tbsp, onions – 3 Medium size, tomatoes – 1 big, ginger 1″” piece, garlic – 6 flakes, slit green chillies – 2- 3, oil – 3 tbsp, curry leaves – few, salt – to taste.
- Hard boil eggs and cut into halves.
- Heat oil, fry thinly sliced onions, ginger, garlic and curry leaves.
- Add Melam Egg Curry / Egg Roast Masala mixed with little water and sauté well.
- Add sliced tomatoes, one cup water and salt.
- When the gray is fairly thick, pour over arranged eggs.
- Add 2 or 3 slit green chillies if needed.
N.B.: Instead of water, 1 cup of coconut milk can be added for better taste.”