*(APPROXIMATE VALUES PER 100g)
- Energy 279.0kcal
- Protein 13.1g
- Carbohydrates 31.9g
- Fat 11g
- Dietary Fiber 37.9g
*Calculated Values – Ref. NIN & USDA
Coriander, Chilli, Black Pepper, Turmeric, Fennel, Cardamom, Garlic, Ginger, Nutmeg, Cloves, Cinnamon
Recipe: Erachi Ularthiyathu – (To serve 4) – Ingredients: Mutton or Beef cubes – 500 g, Green chillies slit – 2 nos, Melam Turmeric powder – ½ tsp, Salt to taste, Water – 2 cups (1 cup is 150 ml), Fresh coconut slices – 100 g, Coconut oil – 100 ml, Shallots sliced – 50 g, Onion medium size – 1 no, Ginger sliced – 1 tbsp, Garlic sliced – 1 tbsp, Curry leaves – 2 sprigs, Melam Erachi Ularthiyathu Masala – 2 – 3 tbsp.
- Clean the mutton or beef cubes. Pressure cook the meat with slit green chillies, turmeric, salt and water until it becomes tender.
- Add the coconut slices and continue cooking until the liquid is evaporated, mixing occasionally.
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed skillet and sauté the shallots, onion, ginger and garlic until it starts turning colour.
- Add the curry leaves and sauté and add Melam Erachi Ularthiyathu Masala.
- Transfer the cooked meat into the skillet and continue cooking on very slow flame until the meat is dark brown.
- Serve hot with raw onion rings.