Tamil Nadu Sambar
INGREDIENT – To serve 4 persons
Toor Dal 250g
Shallots sliced 10 nos
Fenugreek seeds ½ tsp
Mustard seeds ½ tsp
Curry leaves Few
Chopped Tomatoes 3 nos
Oil 2 tbsp
Melam Tamil Nadu Sambar Masala 3 – 4 tbsp
Drumstick 2 nos
Brinjal 6 nos
Tamarind 1 lemon size made into pulp
Salt To taste
Coriander leaves For garnishing
- Boil Toor dal and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadai, add fenugreek seed and mustard seeds.
- Allow them to pop and add curry leaves, shallots and sauté well.
- When the shallots change colour add tomatoes and sauté.
- Add the vegetables and Melam Tamil Nadu Sambar Masala, water and bring the vegetables to boil.
- Add salt to taste.
- When the vegetables are half cooked add the boiled Toor dal and tamarind pulp.
- Allow it to simmer.
- When the vegetables are fully cooked remove from the heat and serve hot.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.