INGREDIENT – To serve 4 persons
Wash and soak kadala (brown channa) in water for 8 hours (or overnight). 200 g
Onion sliced 2 nos
Green chillies slit 2 nos
Ginger / Garlic paste ½ tsp
Tomato sliced 1 no
Oil 2 tbsp
Curry leaves few
Salt To taste
Melam Kadala curry masala 2 tbsp
Coconut milk thick ½ cup (optional)
- Add required salt and cook the kadala till tender.
- In a pan, heat oil and sauté onions, green chillies, Ginger / Garlic paste.
- Then add 2 tbsp of Melam Kadala Curry Masala, sliced tomato, curry leaves and stir well.
- Then add cooked kadala and keep it closed for 5 mins.
- Add ½ cup coconut milk for more taste.
- Serve hot with Puttu.