INGREDIENT – To serve 4 persons
Chicken Curry cut 1 kg
Ginger Garlic paste 2 tbsp
Melam Turmeric powder ½ tsp
Salt to taste
Vinegar 1 tbsp
Curry leaves 3 sprigs
Shallots sliced 50 gm
Melam Kozhi Peralan masala 2-3 tbsp
Water 75 ml
Thick coconut milk 1 cup (150 ml)
Coconut oil 60 ml
Mustard seeds 1 tsp
Onion sliced 100 g
- Clean the chicken. Marinate with ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, salt, vinegar, curry leaves and shallots.
- Mix the Melam Kozhi Peralan masala with enough water to make into a paste.
- Add this paste and coconut milk to the marinated chicken.
- Cook till chicken is half done.
- Remove the chicken and reserve the gravy.
- Heat oil in a kadai, let mustard to splutter and sauté onions till it start to turn brown.
- Add the half done chicken and fry till slightly brown.
- Add reserved gravy and cook till chicken is fully cooked and gravy turns creamy and thick.
- Serve hot with parathas or rice.