INGREDIENT – To serve 4 persons
Fish 500 g
Melam Meen Vattichathu Masala 2-2½ tbsp
Oil 1 tbsp
Fenugreek seeds ½ tbsp
Shallots 12 nos
Curry Leaves Few
Ginger juliennes ½ tbsp
Garlic 8 cloves
Kodampuli / Kokum 10 g
Salt To taste
- Wash kodampuli and soak in 200 ml water and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadai and add fenugreek seeds.
- When it turns brown in colour, add curry leaves, garlic, ginger and shallots and sauté well.
- When shallots turn into brown colour add the Melam Meen Vattichathu Masala, sauté for 1 minute and add soaked kodampuli (along with the water), salt to taste and allow it to boil.
- Add fish and cook the dish in low fire for 10 mins.
- Remove from the heat and keep it for some time and serve.
- Tastes better if this dish is made in earthen ware pot and kept overnight.