Madurai Mutton Kola Urundai
INGREDIENT – To serve 4 persons
Mutton (Boneless) 250 g
Onion Chopped 250 g
Garlic peeled 3 Cloves
Green Chilli 3 nos
Gingelly oil 30 ml
Ginger Garlic paste 1 tbsp
Melam Madurai Mutton Kola Urundai Masala 3 – 4 tbsp
Refined oil Sufficient quantity for frying
Salt To taste
Optional Roasted Channa Dal 10g
- Pressure cook the mutton and keep it aside.
- Grate the coconut and sauté it in a pan till it turns into light brown.
- Allow it to cool, grind it and keep aside.
- Grind the cooked mutton without adding any water to it and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of gingelly oil in pan, add peeled garlic, green chilli, chopped onion, ginger garlic paste and sauté for a while till the raw flavour goes off.
- Allow it to cool and grind it into paste and keep it aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of gingelly oil and add Melam Madurai Mutton Kola Urundai masala and sauté for while.
- Now add the pastes of grinned coconut, mutton, onion and mix well.
- Add ½ egg and salt to taste and mix all the ingredients together till they combine together.
- Make even size balls and deep fry them in oil on medium flame.
- In case a more dry mixture is desired, coarse grind roasted channa dal to the grounded mutton and mix well.