Alappuzha Meen Curry
INGREDIENT – To serve 4 persons
Pearl spot Fish(or any fresh water fish) cut into cubes for curry 500 g
Raw sour mango (cut pieces) 1 no
Coconut oil 2 tbsp
Shallots sliced 1 tbsp
Curry leaves 2 sprigs
Ginger sliced 1 tsp
Garlic sliced 1 tsp
Green chillies slit 2 nos
Melam Alappuzha Meen Curry masala ½ – 1 tbsp
Water 1 cup (150 ml)
Thick coconut milk 1 cup (150 ml)
Salt To taste
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a thick sauce pan.
- Add the shallots and sauté until golden brown.
- Add curry leaves, ginger, garlic and green chillies.
- Sauté for a minute and add Melam Alappuzha Meen curry masala. Sauté for a while.
- Add the water and bring the mixture to boil.
- Add the fish pieces, raw mango slices and salt and reduce the flame.
- Cook until the fish is done.
- Add coconut milk.
- Switch off and drizzle the reserved coconut oil over the curry and keep covered until use.
- Serve hot with steamed Kerala rice.