*(APPROXIMATE VALUES PER 100g)
- Energy 274.2kcal
- Protein 13.9g
- Carbohydrates 30.8g
- Fat 10.6g
- Dietary Fiber 38.5g
*Calculated Values – Ref. NIN & USDA
Coriander, Chilli, Turmeric, Garlic, Black Pepper, Fenugreek
Recipe: Meen Pollichathu (To serve 4) – Ingredients: Pearl spot or thick slices of any fish – 500g, Shallot – 500g, Ginger chopped – ½ tbsp, Curry leaves – 1 sprig, Coconut oil – 70 ml, Salt to taste, Tamarind pulp – 3 tsp, Melam Meen Pollichathu Masala – 3-4 tsp, Thick coconut milk – 2 tbsp.
Marination for fish: Lemon 1 no, Turmeric powder ½ tsp, Pepper powder 1 tsp, Salt to taste.
- Marinate the fish with lemon, turmeric, pepper and salt.
- Leave it aside for 10 minutes. Shallow fry to half done.
- Heat oil in a pan, add curry leaves, ginger and sliced shallots one by one.
- Saute till brown.
- Add Melam Meen Pollichathu Masala, tamarind pulp, salt and cook until raw flavour goes off.
- Add coconut milk and adjust the salt.
- On a banana leaf, keep some cooked pollicha masala and place the half fried fish on top of the masala.
- Then add the remaining cooked pollicha masala on top of the fish.
- Fold the banana leaf and grill it on a tawa.