INGREDIENT – To serve 4 persons
Tur Dal 50g
Melam Kerala Sambar Masala 1 ½ tbsp
Vegetables (Drumstick, Ladies finger, Ash gourd, Onion, Potatoes, Tomatoes) 250g
Tamarind Size of a lime
Salt To taste
Mustard seeds ½ tsp
Curry leaves Few
Whole Red Chilli 2 nos
Oil 1 tbsp
- Cook Tur Dal. Clean and cut vegetables and cook with the Dal.
- Soak tamarind in ½ cup water and take out the pulp.
- Add Melam Kerala Sambar Masala mixed with little water to the cooked dal and vegetables.
- Then add tamarind pulp, enough water, salt and bring to boil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Heat oil and add mustard seeds.
- Let it splutter, then add curry leaves and broken red chillies and pour over the Sambar.