*(APPROXIMATE VALUES PER 100g)
- Energy 280.2kcal
- Protein 14.3g
- Carbohydrates 28.6g
- Fat 12g
- Dietary Fiber 41.4g
*Calculated Values – Ref. NIN & USDA
Coriander, Chilli, Turmeric, Fennel
Recipe: Ennai Kathirikkai Kuzhambu (To serve 4) – Ingredients: Purple Brinjal (small) – 250 g, Melam Ennai Kathirikkai Kuzhambu Masala 3 – 4 tbsp, Gingelly oil – ½ cup, Mustard – ½ tsp, Fenugreek – ¼ tsp, Red chilli (whole) – 3 nos, Curry leaves – 10 g, Shallots – 15 nos, Garlic cloves – 12 nos, Tomato – 2 nos, Salt to taste, Tamarind pulp – 3 tbsp, Water – 2 cups (1 cup is 150 ml).
- Slit rounded ends in the brinjal like a cross.
- Heat oil in a pan, fry brinjal until colour changes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add mustard, fenugreek, red chilli and curry leaves.
- When they start to splutter, add shallots and garlic.
- Sauté until brown.
- Add Melam Ennai Kathirikkai Masala and then tomatoes.
- Add salt to taste.
- Cook until tomatoes are soft.
- Add tamarind pulp and water.
- Cook well and add fried brinjal.
- Cook until oil ooze out.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.